What’s Cooking in Dubrovnik is a Croatian cookbook featuring 120 stories and traditional recipes from the Dubrovnik area. Included in the Dubrovnik cookbook are recipes for appetizers, main courses, desserts and preserves, all in US and metric measurements.
Besides the recipes, the book abounds with cultural notes and tidbits about Dubrovnik food and customs and – not to forget – it is packed with photos: a full-page photo accompanies each recipe, but you’ll also find photos of the city and its people as well as shots of all those details which will give you a special feel for this century-old Mediterranean city with a rich culinary history.
The book makes a perfect souvenir to take home from your trip to Croatia or a gift for that special someone crazy about cooking. Or maybe just a little treat for that awesome person in your life (yes, I’m looking at you).
The recipes have all been tried and tested over and over – most belong to my family’s heritage and some were shared by food-savvy friends (and their grandmothers).
What’s Cooking in Dubrovnik won the “Best in the World – 2nd Place” at 2014 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards in the bloggers category. More than 10.000 cookbooks from 205 countries entered the awards, so I guess this is pretty good news.
Flip through the preview here.
What’s Cooking in Dubrovnik is available internationally in our web shop.
In Croatia, the book can be purchased in Dubrovnik, Split and Zagreb:
- Restaurant Pantarul, Kralja Tomislava 1
- Duty-free Shop, Dubrovnik Airport (Čilipi)
- Knjižara Algebra, Stradun
- Terra Croatica, Ulica od Puča 17
- Tisak Media, Pile
- Školska knjiga, Poljana Paska Miličevića
- Kawa Shop, Hvarska 2
- Superstudio Design Projects, Zagreb International Airport
- Vivat fina vina, Frana Folnegovića 1b
- Školska knjiga, Trg bana Jelačića
- Knjižara Ljevak, Trg bana Jelačića
- Školska knjiga, Trg braće Radića 7
- Školska knjiga, Trg fra Andrije Kačića Miošića 8
What’s Cooking in Dubrovnik
Hardcover: 324 pages
Publisher: Pantarul, Croatia (June, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 22 x 28 cm
Shipping Weight: 1.7 kg